A checklist of the work to be done in the garden in the first half of May
Finally, the warm days of May came, and at the same time a lot of trouble was formed. Gardening is in full swing. Let's look at what needs to be done in May to get good yields.
Dear readers! For you, we have created communities in social networks in which useful articles and interesting ideas are published several times a day! Subscribe and get useful content in a convenient format!
- In contact with
- Yandex Zen
List of works
- Until the flowers bloom during the budding period, you need to spray the plants with any solution from leaf-eating and leaf-sucking pests. From folk remedies, an infusion of onion husks proved to be excellent. If you are a supporter of drugs, then a new generation of drugs, for example Fitoverim, is perfect.
- Check the currant bushes for terry, the flowers in the affected plants are fused, this disease is called mycoplasma. Such bushes need to be removed and burned; it is not advisable to plant currants in this place in the next 3 years.
- Take care of the extermination of ants in the area, otherwise aphids will appear. To do this, you can try to scare them away with the smell of kerosene. If kerosene does not help, then you can resort to a drug, for example Muravina.
- You can plant the first batch of legumes and peas.
- Time for planting young strawberries. It is better to choose cloudy weather for planting and transplantation, followed by rain, then the plants will take root better. For the prevention of rot, you can shed strawberries with a solution of Fitosporin or Zircon according to the instructions.
- You can plant young trees, shrubs.
- Water the hatching vegetables, they do not tolerate even the slightest drought during this period.
- Plant early potatoes.
- Plant cucumbers in the greenhouse or greenhouse without soaking.
- From May 10-15, you can plant onion sets.
- You can re-plant dill, lettuce, radishes, spinach.
- Sow radish, rutabaga and cauliflower with dry seeds.
- Ferment the weeds in the barrel, later they will make good fertilizer.
- Tie up raspberries and mulch it.
- To obtain early flowering of gladioli, you can plant them under the film.
- Feed seedlings of tomato, eggplant and peppers.
- In early May, you can plant spring garlic.
- From May 1-15, this is a good time for planting a February sowing tomato in a permanent place under a greenhouse.
- From May 1-15, seedlings of early cabbage can be planted in open ground.
- From May 1-15, you can still vaccinate apple trees with cuttings.
This checklist will help you not to miss the list of work in the garden in the first half of May.